TDX thesis publishing
The TDX server (http://www.tdx.cat/) allows users to consult the full text of theses and to search by author, title, topic and university at which the thesis was read.
The service is coordinated by the Consortium of Academic Libraries of Catalonia (CBUC) and the Supercomputing Centre of Catalonia Consortium (CESCA) and is sponsored by the Catalan Ministry of Universities, Research and the Information Society. Its main aims are:
- To disseminate the research results of Catalan universities via the Internet to the rest of the world.
- To provide the authors of doctoral theses with a tool for increasing the accessibility and impact of their work.
- To improve bibliographic management of doctoral theses read at Catalan universities.
- To encourage electronic publication and the creation of digital libraries.
- To promote the creation and use of scientific production at Catalan universities.
The digital copies uploaded to the TDX server must be the original versions of the theses deposited at the Doctoral Studies Office prior to reading and defence. For theses read before 2004, a digitised version of the original paper copy submitted to the Doctoral Studies Office should be uploaded.
- Author statement for the incorporation of the thesis to TDX: students must complete all of the details and submit two signed copies.
Documentation should be sent to:
Doctoral Studies Office
Pl. Eusebi Güell 6 - Vèrtex building (Campus Nord) - 08034 Barcelona
Tel. 93 401 61 53
Digitisation of the doctoral thesis
Authors who read their theses before 2004 and would like them to be added to the TDX server should contact:
Montse Hidalgo Carrasco
C/ Jordi Girona 31, TG building (08034 Barcelona)
Tel. 93 401 09 42