Skip to content


Resolutions on the equivalence of doctoral degrees are issued by the rector in accordance with the proposal of the Doctoral School's director.

The credential is issued in the form of a certificate, once the corresponding fee has been paid. The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport is informed of the resolution on equivalence so that it can be recorded in the Register of Universities, Schools and Degrees.

The statement of equivalence of a foreign doctoral degree does not in any case imply the homologation, the declaration of equivalence or the recognition of any other of the interested party’s foreign qualifications, nor the recognition in Spain of an academic level other than the doctoral degree level.