Skip to content

You are here: Home / Future doctoral candidates / Enrolling your thesis / Procedure / What should I do if I am a foreigner?

What should I do if I am a foreigner?

Visit the International Students Office (OMI) of the UPC to legalise your academic stay:

  • If you are a EU national: you will need to register with the EU Nationals Register.

  • If you are a non-EU national: you must check the status of your visa with the International Students Office. In the case of long-stay visas, you will need to do this as soon as you arrive in Spain.

  • If you are a non-EU national who has been studying in another EU country and need to apply for a student visa on arrival: you must go to the International Students Office, where they will assist you and send your documents to the corresponding government office to start off the application process.

At the OMI you will be given information on important aspects of life in Catalonia (accommodation, Catalan language courses, insurance, etc.).